High-quality Treatment — Experienced Doctors – Direct Contracting with the Clinic — Affordable prices — Patient Support 24/7
About the clinic: I.M. Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University (Sechenov University) is the top medical university in Russia. Its history begins in 1758 as the medical faculty at Imperial Moscow University. For over two centuries Sechenov University has been a pioneer in the Russian healthcare system. A lot of outstanding physicians and scientists, who contributed significantly to the progress in medicine, worked at the University. In 2018, Sechenov University celebrates its 260th Anniversary.
About the clinic: Federal research and clinical center for specialized types of medical care and medical technologies of the FMBA of Russia (FSCC of the FMBA of Russia) is one of the largest multi — specialty medical institutions in Russia for providing specialized medical care, combining a consulting and diagnostic center and more than 40 departments.
About the clinic: Yusupovskaya hospital is a continuity of traditions in the treatment of patients in combination with the latest achievements of modern scientific and evidence-based medicine and advanced expert experience. The Yusupov hospital carries out scientific activities — on the basis of the clinic there are scientific and practical centers aimed at solving patients' problems in a comprehensive manner.
About the clinic: Clinical hospital No. 1 (Volynskaya) of The Presidential administration of the Russian Federation is one of the oldest institutions of Kremlin medicine, which itself has more than 400 years of history. In may 1600, by Decree of Tsar Boris Godunov, a pharmacy order was created to "protect the health of the sovereign". The hospital began with a small reception House adapted for a medical institution Near the dacha of I. V. Stalin.
The aorta is the largest artery in the human body, through which blood flows from the heart to all other human organs. The part of the aorta that runs into the chest is called the thoracic aorta. In some diseases, the structure of the aortic wall is disturbed, its diameter increases – this is called an aortic aneurysm. Approximately 25% of all aneurysms occur in the thoracic region, the remaining 75% are in the abdominal aorta.
It is important to remember that the presence of a thoracic aneurysm is associated with the risk of rupture of the aorta, and the occurrence of life-threatening bleeding.
If a thoracic aortic aneurysm ruptures, only 20-30% of patients survive, even if they are quickly rushed to hospital. Therefore, it is important to recognize and begin treatment in the early stages of aortic aneurysm formation.
Unfortunately, in about half of cases, there are no signs of the disease in the early stages. Symptoms depend on where the aneurysm is located, how large it is, and the presence or absence of aortic dissection. The following complaints are possible:
– Pain in the back, neck, lower jaw
– Chest pain
– Cough, hoarseness, shortness of breath
– Chest X-ray
– Magnetic resonance imaging
– CT scan
Surgical treatment of aneurysm of the thoracic aorta is carried out by open surgery, which consists in replacing the affected area of the aorta with an artificial blood vessel – an aortic prosthesis. After surgery, it may take from 7 days to 1 month to recover. It depends on the nature of the operation, as well as the presence of concomitant diseases of the heart, lungs, kidneys.
In addition to open surgery, depending on location of the aneurysm, its shape, the technique of endovascular treatment can be performed. A long narrow tube called a catheter is inserted into the aorta through a small puncture of the artery in the thigh. A special vascular prosthesis is inserted through the catheter and fixed to the normal parts of the aorta above and below the location of the aneurysm.
This method of treatment is minimally invasive and has an easier rehabilitation. The recovery period after surgery is shorter – only 2-3 days. However, it cannot be applied in all cases.